Wednesday, May 13, 2009

New Poems

The Caretaker

In my park there is a wooded path

from the lowland to the high

where off to the side by chance I found

a garden plot sullied and forgotten,

overgrown with buckthorn and honeysuckle,

where in the center stood

a tree.

I am the caretaker. It is my job to bring it back.

As if beguiled, I hacked through the underbrush,

climbed to the treetop, careful not to fall,

and looked out, envisioning paradise,

then climbed down from my high perch

and set myself to work.



The Hub of The Wheel

The dam has sprung a leak

The water of miracles

Will drown me.

Gift of clear lungs

Sharp tongue

Vision unapprehended

Flowing through my fingers

Cold and pure.

Come for a visit to the corner of my eye

Leave the center of my vision alone.

For there is falseness, unreality,

Look away, look away

There is truth in nothing.

Nothing is the truth

The hub of the wheel

Is nowhere, look away.


No comments: